Monday, July 23, 2012

Summer Inspiration: Pacsun "Destination Unknown" Lookbook

Craving some new, bold styles to make your summer memorable? Pacsun surely has some good inspiration and pieces to add to your wardrobe for summers to come. The good thing about Pacsun is that their clothes don't have those SUPER trendy vibes that some stores give off, like Forever 21 and H&M. Pacsun is like the summer store I like to shop at, and I like their unique sense of style and very urban California flair. Check out some photos they recently posted on their facebook page, and see if you can channel your inner bohemian/hippiness from these looks!

Everything pictured is linked here and you can find even more bold pieces too!

 Billabong "Silly Me" Tank, $24.50
Billabong Tempe Shorts, $49.50
This bright striped tank gives a bold statement to this casual look. These distressed pink denim lace up shorts add a girly touch too. I actually have the striped top and it's MUCH brighter in person. The photo doesn't quite do it justice. It's a thin lightweight material, super comfy to lounge around in, or to wear when I know I'm gonna be out all day. Add a high pony tail and sunglasses and I'm out the door!
The front is a bit cropped too, so if you don't like showing any skin, I recommend to try this one on in stores. I bought it in-store, so I'd ignore that "online only" tab on the site...

Nollie Bodice Bralette, $16.50
Nollie Fringe Mini Skirt, $22.50

I absolutely LOVE that bralettes and corset-like tops are making a comeback this season. I know this is a pretty trendy thing right now, but if you're like me you could give a hoot if this goes out of style and still rock it whenever. It's a piece that will kind of always be in style nontheless, because bralettes are just REALLY short tank tops if you think about it. Now I'm not saying go around and show your entire body off in these tiny pieces of clothing, but I am gonna say do wear them highwaisted or under transparent tops (other trends I do still plan on rocking no matter what :P). 
To get to my opinion of the look, I think it's girly yet edgy and very adorable! I'd wear this on a night out with the girls or to an outdoor event like a concert or festival. I like how the model is wearing her bralette with a fringe skirt, making it edgy and festival ready. This is the time to wear white girls! So definitely try to get a staple white bottom you can pair with a crazy bold top. The neon gives a great pop of color, and looks great against her skin tone. I'd complete this look with slip on shoes to make it beachier, sneakers like vans or converse to make it edgier, or sandals to make it girlier/fancier. I think you could even get away with boots if you really wanted to! A long necklace would look cute with this outfit too.
 Seneca Rising Encinitas Dress, $39.50
With Love From CA Bead Statement Necklace, $11.50

WOW, I can't tell you how much I adore this look. I'm a sucker when it comes to tie-dye, so I'll buy virtually anything in the shape or form of it. Tie-dye to me just screams summer because of it's bold pattern and colors. In this dress, it's just plain flirty and fun! This form of tie dye seems to be toned down a bit with light pastel colors. To me, pastels are solid daytime colors to wear, but I think you could easily get away with wearing it anytime during the day. It's a halter too, which I think adds an even girlier look to it, especially because it's revealed seeing as the model has her hair up in a top knot bun. This picture clearly says top knots look awesome with halter dresses! The back of the dress also has a cute cut out.
Now, don't worry, I didn't forget about the awesome statement necklace she sports around her neck. I think this is a really cute touch to the dress, especially because it doesn't really take away from the print at all. The dress has a low neckline too, which makes a perfect fit for a bigger necklace. I like how gold looks with this dress, so I'd definitely go with gold over silver. The blue beads also bring out the blue in the dress. These two make a perfect match. Any statement necklace would really do.
Kirra All Over Crochet Fringe Top, now $24.99 online (and bogo)! Originally $34.50
With Love From CA Gold Link Turquoise Necklace, $10.50
Since I couldn't find the shorts in the "Destination Unknown" inspired lookbook linked above, I linked the shorts here in the description.

You guessed it, I'm a pretty huge fan of crochet tops as well. The nice thing about crochet is that you can pair them with a crazy fun bottom (they are solid colors after all)!  Here the model is wearing bright neon orange shorts, making this outfit completely cute and summery. Of course, you probably can't get away with wearing a bra with this kind of top, but a bandeau or bralette can easily do the trick. This outfit you can really wear any time of the day too, but similarly to the neon/fringe picture, I'd probably wear it during the day. I really like how she is wearing a high pony tail too, making it a more flirty look. I think a side braid or hair pulled back in a thick headband (or even a bandana tied around the head) would look great as well!
It's kinda hard to spot but she's also wearing a long necklace as her statement piece and only jewelry item. Again, gold works better with this outfit rather than silver. It would blend in with the outfit too much and wash it out.
LA Hearts Fringe Trim Vest,  now $29.99 online (w/ an extra 30% off @ checkout). Originally $39.50
Light Wash Cheeky Shorts (Unfortunately, couldn't find/decipher exactly which pair of shorts these are on pacsun, but that's not too hard of an item to replicate)

I know, I know a whopping $75 bucks for that cropped tee? Out of their minds for sure. So I'd definitely recommend substituting this pricey tee for another printed top. There are TONS, and I mean TONS of printed tanks in Pacsun and Forever 21 as well, so you can find these virtually anywhere, as well as the shorts. Put that aside and focus on the center attraction of this outfit, the vest. It's adorable and very rocker chic. This piece is great because it's a great item to transition over into fall with. You can virtually wear this all year round as well. This type of outfit is strangely kind of out of my comfort zone, but I would no doubt go for it just looking at what it's paired with. It's a nice change for my style. That's part of the fun with fashion and style in the summer though, trying out different looks and stepping out of your personal style bubble. Again, great to wear during the day and night, and would add a couple cute accessories too, but be careful to not take away from the vest. A couple of bold rings across the fingers and maybe a fedora would take this outfit to the next level for me. I'd also wear it with black vans or boots (if I had any :/).


Although Pacsun may be sometimes a bit of a pricey store, their online stuff usually goes on sale rather quickly (as you can see above). They also have great deals like bogo (buy one get one free), buy one get one half off, and extra clearned on stuff that's already been marked down. So, definitely don't forget to check the sale items and deals while you're on the site!


No comments:

Post a Comment