Monday, September 17, 2012

Festival Ready: Outfit, Accessories, Makeup

If there's anything I'd ever want to look forward to, it would be going to an outdoor concert with friends! I've always dreamed of going to Coachella, Lollapalooza, Bamboozle, etc. But, unfortunately, the closest thing Florida has to a music festival (besides Ultra) is the Vans Warped Tour, and sometimes it really is just too damn hot and pricey to go to. 

Anyways, for all of you outdoor (and indoor) concert junkies who will be attending a few shows this season, here is a look I put together that is sure to make you stand out from the rest of the crowd!!


THE OUTFIT: If I were to choose the perfect outfit for myself, it would have to be this one, or something like it at least. Since Florida is so damn hot, I chose a white light airy crop top with some lacey detailing. For bottoms, I chose green courdory shorts that reach mid-thigh and for shoes, brown lace up boots! This outfit is definitely fall themed, playing around with colors can be so much fun! The top is from Roxy and the bottoms are by Billabong, both are currently on sale at Pacsun for $25 each! The boots are by Roxy as well but they're a bit pricey-- but honestly, any type of boots would complete this outfit.

THE ACCESSORIES: Now I don't really suggest wearing a ton of jewelry to an event like a concert, but if you're like me and feel naked without wearing a couple pieces, I've got you covered! A long necklace (like 16 inches) looks great with this outfit paired with a couple of plastic bracelets. The necklace is by American Eagle and the bracelets are by Claire's! Next, I strongly suggest a small crossbody bag that isn't really of quality (I know I have a Michael Kors one pictured above but pretend it's not). In here you'll need to keep your cash, ID, keys, etc. but nothing bigger is really necessary. 

THE MAKEUP: I picked out a couple of products I think are essential for concert-ready makeup! A colored eyeliner is fun and makes a bold statement to a simple outfit. Try the Pixi Endless Silky Eye Pen in True Teal (I've talked about this before) for $15 from Target. Next, add a gold glitter liner to make your eyes sparkle! This Stila one is in Kitten and it's $16 at Sephora. To give your cheeks a dewy and subtle glow, try the Hard Candy Glow All the Way in Dollface for $8 from Walmart! It's comparable to Benefit's Girl Meets Pearl highlight. Contour with the Hard Candy Fox in a Box blush in Truth or Dare for $6! You should definitely consider investing in a makeup setting spray, so your makeup stays on all day and doesn't sweat off! Urban Decay All Nighter is now travel sized at Sephora for $12! Use a moisturizing lip stain for long wearing color and smooth lips-- try the new Revlon Kissable Balm Stains which are about $7 at drugstores. 

Lastly, I think it is essential that you have some hand sanitizer with you. You probably won't even realize what your touching has billions of bacteria now attaching to your palms. Clean up with this small and portable pocketbac from Bath & Body Works! 

I hope this helps and gives you a few ideas for your next concert/music festival! See ya on the flipside!



No comments:

Post a Comment