Monday, May 27, 2013

Memorial Day Recipe: Guacamole!


 

Memorial Day is becoming a sort of holiday synonymous with the Fourth of July. Both celebrating not only our country and its history, but BBQs and fun in the sun!

This year, my family and I decided to to the former of the two. My mom and I went to the grocery store early this morning, and bought a ton of food to make for the holiday. There is no better way to show true American pride without feasting away with your loved ones.

Without further ado, here is a delicious guacamole recipe I developed myself. Since my mom insisted I make it today, I thought I'd share it here too!

 Ingredients:
  • 3 Ripe avocados
  • 1 Large tomato, finely chopped
  • 1/2 Large purple onion, finely chopped
  • 1 Large lime
  • Salt and pepper for seasoning
  • Tostito Scoops for dipping (my personal favorite)
Directions:
  1. Begin by peeling the skin and removing the seed of the avocados, put the rest into a large bowl and mash it up.
  2. Combine the tomato and onion both finely chopped into another bowl. With this step, you can use as much or little as you want. The more you use, the more chunky the guacamole will turn out. 
  3. Add the tomato and onion mixture to the mashed avocado.
  4. Cut the lime in half and squeeze both halves in.
  5. Add in salt and pepper  
  6. Combine tomato and onion mixture, lime juice, and salt and pepper. Add more salt and pepper if necessary!
You can double this recipe for parties, or if your like me and have a dad and brother who eat for 2 people each :P (which is what I did today!)

Comment below if you end up trying it and let me know how it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment