Thursday, June 20, 2013

Recent Beauty Favs!

Hey guys! So summer officially starts tomorrow, and since I was a slacker and didn't post my May Favorites (I swear it was a draft) I'd like to share with you my recent beauty favorites!



To begin, I've been loving a really simple neutral eye with a shimmery lid and a matte crease color. For my lid, I've been using L'Oreal's Infalliable eyeshadow in "Iced Latte," which is actually very similar to Stila's Kitten. A bright shimerry champagne color really brightens up my dark brown eyes. As for a crease color, I used a matte eyeshadow by Stila in "Barefoot Contessa." I'm not sure if you can still get it, but I'd say it's comparable to Urban Decay's "Hustle" from the Naked palette if it was more matte. I love it because it has a slight reddish purple undertones (which will actually be very nice in the fall as well). 

Again, I highly recommend L'oreal's Infalliable eyeshadows. They're longwearing and incredibly pigmented, and for the price, probably the best drugstore eyeshadows out there (that I know of).

Next, I've occasionally been stealing my mom's sample of Tarte's "Lights, Camera, Lashes" mascara. It may just be my all time new favorite mascara (before it was Benefit's They're Real). It does everything you'd want a mascara to do - lengthens, volumizes, and even thickens (which has been a chore to find in a mascara these days). It also does a great job at separating, for those of you who are like me and hate clumpy mascara. 

I've also been loving my Tarte Smooth Operator Amazonian Clay Waterproof concealer! Wow, that was a mouthful! This concealer is perfect if you're someone like me who doesn't have too many blemishes, but has ones that occasionally pop up and are extremely noticeable. It's a twist up stick, so it's a functional spot concealer. It's very creamy and smooth like the name says, and matches my fair skin perfectly! This is nice because I wear my concealer under foundation, and I can throw it on without wearing any. I also use it around my nose to cover up redness and never looks cakey. I don't know for sure if it's extremely water resistant, but I have worn it in the pool. For $20,  I'd say it is money very well spent.

My last favorite is something I'm so glad I stumbled upon! After recently becoming obsessed with Tarte Cosmetics, I started searching up Instagram tags for other products people were using. When I saw QVC had an exclusive Tarte product that was a blush & bronzer duo, I freaked out. I was in the market for a new bronzer anyway (ever since I hit pan on Benefit's Hoola). This "Power Duo" comes with their famous Park Ave. Princess bronzer and Dollface blush. After looking up swatches and reading reviews, I felt justified enough to buy it. However, when I first opened it and saw the blush, I was a bit apprehensive. It looks like a bright bubblegum pink in person, but on the cheeks with a big fluffy brush, it looks amazing! It brings a ton of color and a vibrance to pale complexions, especially when contoured. You can still get this duo on QVC.com.

I just want to add in a nail polish favorite too! Essie's Spring collection this year to me was a total fail, nothing unique or exciting. But when I saw the Resort collection this year it was love at first sight. I am an avid green and blue nail polish user (they take up most of my collection), so when I saw "First Timer" I decided it was me in a nail polish. I've been waiting to find a brighter version of Turquoise and Caicos and this is exactly what I found. One coat is even enough for this vibrant color to appear beautifully and quite striking. I'm hoping to pick up "In the Cab-ana," a beautiful sea blue color and "Under Where?" which is a lovely lavender color I don't have.

That concludes my beauty favorites as of right now! Talk to ya soon! And, uh, oh..GO HEAT!


No comments:

Post a Comment