Sunday, June 21, 2015

A Day in My Life: Father's Day



 Today I thought I'd share a more personal post in honor of Father's Day, so come follow me around, or in this case, scroll down and read on! Note: in no way, shape, or form am I trying to brag or claim anything about myself or my life. This is just what I did today and it may seem kind of boring and more like a diary entry to you since it's just me sharing how I spent Father's Day, but I thought it'd be a nice change. I also wanted to remember today since it is a special occasion/holiday. I promise I'll take more pictures next time to give a better visual of what I'm talking about.

Although I didn't take a picture to show, my dad and I started off our morning early at 10 am to run errands and get breakfast. We first headed to Starbucks for iced coffees because we were sleepy and needed energy for a long day. I get mine with milk and a little sugar, but my dad likes them with pumps of the "mocha" syrup. I tried his and it was actually really good-- very chocolatey. We then headed to Einstein's Bagels next door for some food. I just had a cinnamon raisin bagel toasted with butter because I knew we'd be going to brunch in just a few hours. Since we had just about finished our coffees, we actually headed back to Starbucks for refills (they give you free refills the same day if you are a "gold" member and pay with your card). We then headed to Target to pick up some toiletries we were out of. Although I wasn't out of anything, I did pick up some more of my favorite Hawaiian Tropic Silk Hydration After Sun Lotion, which will be handy after I get out of the pool and for my vacations in the coming months. It's great for moisturizing your skin, because the sun can make it very hot and dry. Not only does it bring a cold sensation to the skin and soothe sunburns with application (it has aloe vera in it), it also smells amazing (the scent is called "coconut papya"). I saw that they also had the Silk Hydration Suncscreen Face Lotion in stock. I plan to pick that up soon too and have heard great things about it, one of them being the fact that it does not break your skin out because sunscreens tend to clog your pores due to their thick and heavy consistency. 

But anyways, I have digressed. We also needed to pick up a gift card for my grandpa, but they didn't have the one we wanted, so we had to make a trip to Publix. We found it there, thankfully, and headed home. I didn't have much time to get ready, but managed to shower and put my makeup on in a timely manner. I did take a few OOTD pictures:




Obviously, I wanted to dress nice for Father's Day because we we're going out with our extended family for brunch. It also happens to be National Wear Your Lilly Day (because it's the first day of summer) so I threw on one of my Lilly for Target shift dresses that my dad actually snatched for me the day it launched (he really is the best)! The print is in "Giraffeeey." I paired my shift dress with my favorite black flats, as well as my normal everyday Longchamp bag. I think the light beige color complemented the bright colors in my dress nicely. Of course, I sported my new shades along with some croakies I picked up at the mall yesterday with some friends. You can probably guess that my guy friends had a blast being in the Lilly store for the first time... 
Below I've linked where you can find these products if interested in any of them.


For brunch, we ate at Bonefish Grill, which is one of my favorite seafood places to go to. I ordered the "Bang Bang Shrimp Eggs Benedict." It's a twist on their classic dish paired with Eggs Benedict. A must-try if you are a fan of shrimp, eggs benedict, and spicy food. It also came with au gratin potatoes, which are just diced potatoes with a cheese sauce and bread crumbs. Delicious.

When we finished eating, my mom, dad, brother, grandpa, and his wife went over to see my aunt's fiance's new car! The car is an Audi R8. Super fast and low to the ground. My dad (who is 6'5") couldn't even fit into the driver's seat! But my grandpa could, so I took a picture of him. So cute!


We then parted ways and headed home to rest because the (Insert My Last Name Here) family never stops celebrating apparently. My dad has been dying to see Entourage (he's been a fan of the show for years), so he booked the movie for us to see tonight (while we were waiting to see Jurassic World, actually). My family (including my extended) is a huge fan of food & movies, which is basically what we do to bond together. Kind of like having traditions, I guess. When we got home, my brother and I gave my dad his father's day gift, which was just a few pairs of pajama pants that he needed. Again, I did not get any pictures of this, which would've been really funny...sorry about that.

I really do hope y'all enjoyed this personal diary-like post, and hope everyone had a great Father's Day! 
Until next time,
~Alexa~

No comments:

Post a Comment