Monday, July 13, 2015

American Eagle Fall Fashion Preview

Normally, I don't look forward to the fall season. Fall always meant back to school for me, but this year it means time to start working, which is a pretty scary thought right now in the midst of summer. However, when I was browsing American Eagle for the hundreth time last week, I was excited to see their new arrivals, and to my surprise, some were a preview for their fall line. All I've got to say is that some of these pieces have really caught my eye, and just maybe, I'm starting to like the idea of fall.

Today I'm going to share with you my favorites so far from the fall preview to get you a little fashion inspired for the upcoming season. Sometimes, it's good to plan ahead and start buying some pieces here and there. Surely, you may find you'll want to start saving, and stat!

Now, if you read my Summer Cruise 2015: Daytime Outfit Planning post, you'll know I am a lover of dresses and rompers, and preparing for fall with them is no exception. Since I am a Floridian, we do have summer practically all year round. If we're lucky, it'll drop to the 70s, which is a sad, sad joke. So, without further ado, here are my must-have dresses and rompers from this preview:

  • Pintucked Shift Dress: The first two dresses are identical, just in two different colors ("rust" and "navy"). I'm particularly fond of the rust color, which is odd for me because I am a red head. My hair color is technically auburn, and actually tends to darken in the fall, which is a plus for me, so my hair and the dress color won't really clash. The quality of this dress is also great (see picture of me below) and I absolutely adore the embroidered floral stitching. I think it will work well in both the night and day, making it extremely versatile. This will definitely be a must have for me.
  • Patterned Babydoll Dress: Babydoll dresses are actually my favorite type of dress to wear, aside from shift and skater. I always find them at AE and they're always flattering (which ends up sucking me in to buy it). This patterned one just screams fall to me, and will look great paired with an oversized oatmeal colored cardigan. Again, this works for both day and night and would look great with brown booties (and I may have boughten this one already...).
  • V-Neck Tank Dress: This dress is definitely a casual one, which means it's one of those easy-go-to-throw-on dresses for running errands or shopping around at the mall. Paired with my navy Sperry Seacoasts (which are currently my favorite shoes), I could see this being one of those dresses I wear a little too much.
  • Bell Sleeve Romper: This romper really reeled me in because of the bell sleeves. I actually own nothing with bell sleeves and I love the idea of them. This will also be a must-have in my closet until further notice!

Additionally, AE has released tons of new tops in different colors and patterns that are just up my alley. The peasant tops seem to be a trend this year, and we can't forget that button up denim skirt (it's not currently on the website or in stores yet, but will be this coming August!). I could see every single one of these tops paired with the denim skirt both tucked in and not. The denim skirt will definitely be a staple and I'm excited to get one if I can, for I've never owned a denim skirt!
 
  • Embroidered Peasant Shirt in Cream: I love the red embroidered detailing around the neck and on the arms of this shirt. I think it gives it a little something extra as opposed to a plain cream top. Pair it with a long dainty necklace and you're good to go.
  • Lace Inset Peasant Top in Purple: For me, this purple color just screams fall. Again, another peasant top, but I'm loving the corset ties on the chest and the lace detailing in the arms, making it flowy and flirty.
  • Flowy Smocked Top in Navy: This top seems like a cross between a peasant and babydoll style, which I'm all for. I love the pattern, and I think this will look great with both the skirt and some dark denim jeggings or crops.
  • Embroidered Swing Cami in Washed Black: This top definitely reminds me of the pintucked shift dress with the pretty flower embroiderey. I'm digging the color scheme and could see myself also wearing it with the skirt for a super casual but put together look. This one does seem a little cropped, so anything high waisted will do.
Are you liking any of my top picks for the AE fall preview? What will you be wearing this impending fall season? I'm hoping to try on a few more things in store to get some better pictures up so y'all can see what these pieces actually look like on someone!
Until next time,
~Alexa~

No comments:

Post a Comment