Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Summer Cruise 2015: What's In My Travel Makeup Bag?



After much consideration, I have finally put together a travel makeup bag for my vacation. The products I have chosen are very particular to the trip, and I basically packed it by deciding what I'll wear during the day and what I will wear at night. To explain what I mean, I've divided up this post into four different sections to explain why I wear a certain product in the day or night. The third  and fourth sections will cover lip products and discuss what brushes I'm bringing, which is pretty self-explanatory.

My makeup bag is by Lilly Pulitzer and it's in one of my favorite prints - "Gimme Some Leg." It's very spacious but compact at the same time, letting me take all of the essentials.













  • Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Waterproof Concealer: Since I've got to have something covering up redness and my sparse acne spots, this concealer just about my best friend. I'm in the shade "Fair."
  • NYX HD Eye Shadow Primer: I alway prime my eyelids before applying makeup. It helps prevent creasing and holds the makeup in place. This is especially important for sweatproof and waterproof makeup - I can't have anything sliding off of my face! I use this product for both day and night when I wear makeup. It's also way more affordable than the comparable Urban Decay Primer Potion.
  • Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Waterproof Eye Shadow Sticks in "Sin" (Champagne), "Juju" (Bronze), "Rehab" (Dark Brown), and "Delinquent" (Purple): I love playing around with these shadow pencils for a daytime eye look. More than often, I'll use the champagne over the lid, one of the browns to line my upper lash line, and the purple on my lower lash line (these double as liners!).
  • Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Waterproof Eye Pencils in "LSD" (dark turquoise teal with glitter) and "Binge" (dark blue): If I want a pop of blue, I love using these waterproof eye pencils. Sometimes, I'll just line my upper and lower lashline with LSD and throw on some mascara. Super easy!
  • Maybelline "The Rocket" Volum Waterproof Mascara: I almost never leave without my trusty mascara because God knows my eyelashes are small and stubby! This waterproof version is what I will be wearing in the daytime.
  • Benefit Cosmetics Posietint Lip and Cheeks Stain and Majorette Cream Blush: Both are great options to give my face a little bit of color (unless my cheeks get naturally rosy from the sun). Posietint can be use on both the cheeks and lips and will stain your skin - literally! This is great when you're going for water resistant makeup, obviously. Majorette is one of Benefit's newer products and definitely one of my holy grail products. It bright orange in the package, but applies so naturally and dewy, which is perfect for a summer daytime look.
  • Benefit's Sun Beam Highlighter: This liquid bronzey colored highlighter just screams sunshine. I've had it for years and it's one of my favorite products. I apply it up my cheekbones and around my eyes to my forehead, on my browbone, down my nose, and right on my cupid's bow for an all over sunkissed glow.








  






  • Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue Tinted Hydrating Gel Cream: For special occasions and when I want flawless coverage, I'll go ahead and use this tinted moisturizer. It gives the most dewy look to the skin.
  • Bare Minerals Ready Foundation: This just helps blend my tinted moisturizer in and prevents shine for a matte finish in certain places, like around my nose and on my forehead. Also works great alone.
  • Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Waterproof Concealer
  • Benefit Cosmetics Fake Up Concealer: The hydrating balm around this concealer works well to cover up redness and dryness around the curves of my nose. They literally just disappear with this product.
  • NYX HD Eye Shadow Primer
  • Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Waterproof Eye Shadow Stick in "Sin": This champagne color is my go-to base for shadows. It really makes the powder stay in place as well as the colors pop. I'll also use "Juju" (bronze) as a base if I'm going for a darker look.
  • Urban Decay Naked Eye Shadow Palette: Yes, I am one of those girls who uses a Naked palette. A cult favorite of any makeup lover, it's no wonder as to why I decided to bring it with me on my trip. I've loved this beauty for years and it's honestly the perfect assortment of colors for me. It not only has an array of shimmers and mattes for me to play around with, but also looks flawless when applied to the skin - these shadows are of truly great quality.
  • Maybelline Line Stiletto Liquid Eye Liner in Black: I love liquid liner for more dramatic looks.
  • Chanel Eye Pencil in Brown: This is my favorite eye pencil of all time. Great for use on the waterline and lower lash line to intensify a smokey look. 
  • Tarte Light, Camera, Lashes Double Ended Mascara: If you saw my Review and Swatches: Tarte Poppy Picnic Palette + New Mascara post, you know how awesome this mascara is. With both an eyelash primer for volume and the mascara for length, I'll be able to sport luscious lashes for the night.
  • Benefit Cosmetics Hoola Bronzer: My absolute favorite bronzer and I've had it for so many years now! I've hit pan and it's almost gone, but I'll never find another like this one that complements my skin tone so well. It also works great to contour my cheeks, forehead, nose, and neck.
  • Benefit Cosmetics Coralista Blush: Can you tell I'm a Benefit Lover yet? This bright coral blush may be the most flattering color my cheeks have ever seen. It's versatile because it's so natural looking, but still provides that summery glow I'm looking for.
  • Tarte Shimmering Powder in Rose and Benefit Cosmetics Watts Up! Highlighter: I use these both interchangably dependiing on my mood. The Tarte powder gives a beautiful rose gold glow to the skin, while Watts Up! really brightens your complexion. I just have to take both!



















  • EOS Lip Balm in Summer Fruit: I use this as a primer or base for my lip products. It gives added shine and moisture to any product.
  • Benefit Cosmetics Lollibalm: I use this just about everyday for a lip color. It lives in my purse and is great to apply anytime during the day. It's a 2 in 1 product giving both moisture and color.
  • Urban Decay Lipstick in Venom: I was actually given this product by a friend who used it once (and with a lip brush) because she didn't like it. It turns out I somehow made us of it. I lightly dab a little on my lips and spread throughout, then apply my Chanel gloss on top for a bold lip look!
  • M.A.C. Lipstick in Angel: My go-to everyday color, a neutral pink one can't go wrong with.
  • Tarte Energy LipSurgence: This product is another go-to for me because it changes the shade of my lips based on the temperature. It's also extremely long lasting.
  • Chanel Glossimer in "Scintillantes" 151: My aunt picked this one out for my 21st birthday last year. It's been my favorite gloss ever since. It's clear with blue, pink, and purple sparkle and goes well over any lipstick.
  • Benefit Cosmetics Bella Bamba Ultra Plush Lip Gloss: Because I just want to take a hot pink color with me. Plus, it's super shiny.










As for my makeup brushes, I pretty much just take the basics. For my face brushes, I have a big fluffy blush brush, a contour brush (bronzer), a kabuki brush (for powder), and I use the fluffy crease brush to apply the Tarte highlighting powder. My eye brushes consist of two shadow brushes - one for an all over lid and one for highlighting, a pencil brush, as well as a crease brush and fluffy blending brush so that my eye makeup looks seamless. I also have a liner brush in the case I want to use a dark brown shadow on one of my lash lines, as well as a pencil sharpener that fits both my shadow sticks and regular pencil liners. Last but not least, my trusty eyelash curler to help me with volume and length!

Do you think I'm bringing a ton of makeup trip? Probably, but it's the essentials for me! What do you need to bring with you to survive on a week long summer vacation? Also, please note that some of the products I'm taking are discontinued now.
Until next time,
~Alexa~

No comments:

Post a Comment