Monday, July 27, 2015

Small Cruise Haul

Since I returned home from my cruise on Saturday morning, I thought it is only proper that I showed y'all a small haul from my trip. If you read my post entitled "Summer Cruise 2015: What I'm Looking For in Port," then you know I had specific items in mind while shopping abroad. With that being said, think of this post as a follow up to that one.


At our first port (which was St. Thomas), I knew the bulk of my shopping would be done there seeing as it is deemed the most popular port to shop at. One of my main goals was to find a Fruitz by Philip Stein watch, so I took the latter half of our day (the former was spent at Magen's Bay!) to seek out the best deal on my ideal watch. Looking back, I must've ventured off into at least 4 stores asking people what their prices were for the Fruitz watch. One jeweler even lied to us saying the certain style of the watch I was looking for was going to be discontinued just to get me to buy it.


Although I initially had my heart set on the blue banded watch, I decided to settle for the orange. I loved the size of the face and altogether, it looked really pretty on my wrist. I never did find the blue one, so I honestly will never know what that one looks like in person. Ultimately, I am very pleased with my watch and I absolutely love everything about it.


I also mentioned in that previous post that my cousin and I were on the hunt for Alex and Ani bangles. We definitely wanted a matching one, so when we went into Little Switzerland and found the case of all of the bangles, we were immediately drawn to the St. Thomas exclusive bangle. You can't get it anywhere else, so it only made sense for us to both get that one. Now, not only did we end up getting matching ones, but we'll remember exactly where we bought it and the memory will last forever.


The last piece of jewelry I got was actually free. Oftentimes, cruises will hand out a Port Shopping Guide along with a few free vouchers or coupons. This gets cruisers to stop by the stores for their free item or discount, and perhaps gets them to buy something. In Tortola, I received a Little Switzerland voucher for a free pendant. Of course, when you get a voucher that is fairly vague about the jewelry piece, you're gonna assume it's probably ugly. But nope. This pendant turned out to be an adorable replica of the Tiffany & Co. platinum starfish necklace. I just fell in love with it and ended up wearing it the rest of my trip. I got so many compliments on it too. My mom was even angry she never got it!


The last few things I got were actually two clothing pieces from Billabong. While we were walking in town to a cigar store my dad wanted to go to, I stumbled upon a window of pure Billabong bliss, so I knew I needed to stop inside to see. Although I know I can get Billabong at home (there's a store at my local mall), the Caribbean has no tax (duty free) so it only made sense to buy a few pieces if I really liked them because it ended up being cheaper long term. I got this adorable babydoll shift dress (my favorite) in a burnt orange color with a floral paisley pattern. It actually looks great with the starfish necklace, but then again everything does. The other piece I got is a lavender tank top with a pretty white and orange flower pattern. I especially love how this top crosses in the back, and actually wore this to Atlantis. It's great to throw on over a bathing suit or a really hot day. I love how flowy it is. 






And that's a wrap folks! Unfortunately, I couldn't acquire any of my free jewelry pieces in Nassau because we just didn't have enough time since we were at the water park all day. I guess I just have to hope I go on a cruise in the near future. I can't say I regret my day in the Bahamas because I absolutely had a blast. My brother is dying to go there for his 18th birthday so he can gamble (he'll be 17 this September). We'll see about that I guess!
Until next time,
~Alexa~

No comments:

Post a Comment