Thursday, July 30, 2015

Skincare Routine ft. Olay Fresh Effects 1-2-3 Acne Solution System

Hello my lovely readers! Today I'll be sharing the skincare routine I have been practicing recently. About two weeks ago I picked up the Olay Fresh Effects Clear Skin 1-2-3 Acne Solution System kit, which includes three products - a facial cleanser, an acne spot treatment, and a moisturizer/makeup primer.


Initally, I had seen this skincare system at Target and my local grocery store since I was up in college this past year. I wanted to pick it up, but it was a little pricey for my college student budget to just try it on a whim. Although I had forgotten about it after awhile, my skin started breaking out a few weeks before my cruise vacation. Since I knew I wasn't going to be wearing a lot of makeup on the trip, I at least wanted clear and pretty skin. This kit popped back into my head (plus, I had used some products from them before which have been discontinued, sadly) and I ordered it on Amazon because it was a few dollars cheaper at the time.

My skincare kit arrived about 4-5 before my trip, so it was the perfect time to start using it because I needed results fast. I saw an immediate difference out of one use and just fell in love. Now, let's get into looking at these products.

Olay markets this kit as an easy way to attain clearer looking skin for people suffering from regular acne issues:
Don’t miss out because of a breakout! Olay Fresh Effects Clear Skin 1-2-3 Acne Solution System instantly reduces the look of acne better than the Proactiv* so you never have to let acne put you on the sidelines. This 3-in-1 regimen kit is packed with acne fighting power, with Acne Hater Deep Scrub and Spot Zinger both formulated with 2% salicylic acid to reduce blackheads and blemishes over time and Swirled Mattifier formulated with powder to neutralize redness and shine. And, the entire kit is dermatologically tested, oil-free, and non-comedogenic (so it won’t clog your pores!). Plus, infused with the scent of citrus and mint, it leaves your skin looking energized.

This acne solution system cleanses, moisturizes, and treats acne at the source. The result: a clearer complexion that will have you looking refreshed and ready-to-go no matter what the day (or night!) has in store.
*Description courtesy of Amazon.com*

Step 1: CLEANSE!
First, I squirt about a nickel to quarter sized pump of the Acne Hater Deep Scrub cleanser into the tips of my fingers. Then, I dot it all around my face and start scrubbing. A cool thing about this cleanser is that you'll be able to feel the product exfoliating because of the beads in the cleanser, rubbing away oil and dirt so your pores are empty and small. When I finish, my skin feels tighter - this means my pores shrunk because they are now nice and clean. The citrus mint scent is also extremely refreshing, which is great because I want to have something like that when I wake up in the morning. Additionally, the salicylic acid in the cleanser is what's used to fight acne. If you do have acne issues, be sure to use cleanser with some percentage of salicylic or glycolic acid.



 Before

 After



Step 2: TREAT!
Once I have rinsed off your scrub and patted your face dry with a soft wash cloth, I am ready to tackle any devlish acne that is partying out on my face. Taking the Spot Zinger, I pump a tiny tiny bit (a little goes a long way with stuff) on to a cotton swab, and gently rub it in any areas where I have even the slightest bit of acne. Major areas of the face that contain clogged pores are usually around the forehead to the T-Zone (which is the area between your eyebrows and above your nose), as well as the chin and above the mouth. Once I have treated all necessary areas, I wait about a minute for those areas to feel dry. This means the treatment has successfully soaked into my problem areas.





Step 3: MATTIFY!
Although the Swirled Mattifier is marketed as a product to reduce redness and pores while mattifying the face (taking away any possible shine), it also acts as a great moisturizer, so I don't really have to bother with an extra products, which is nice. It's also marketed as a makeup primer, so I'm ready to go put on makeup as soon as I finish with the skincare treatments. My favorite way to apply the Swirled Mattifier is to use as little as possible but still moisturizing and priming all areas of my face, including my neck. Basically, my method is to dot around the face and blend in. You do not get a lot of product with the mattifier (and it is full size), so really try to conserve this stuff because you will fall in love with it!





What do you think about this Olay Fresh Effects 1-2-3 Acne Solution System? Will you be picking one up? I think I might have to get another, seeing as the products disappear off the market so suddenly...
Until next time,
~Alexa~

No comments:

Post a Comment