Sunday, June 28, 2015

Huge Collective Target Haul: Stationery, Beauty, and More!

Happy Sunday y'all! Today I have a collective haul from Target to share with you. I went early this afternoon and scored big at the dollar spot, as well as a few beauty products for my upcoming trip. Let's get into it!

My first trip was originally motivated by the dollar spot's brand new stationery release for this summer, which includes a new planner mini binder with corresponding monthly and weekly planner pages, dividers, lined pages, and pockets. Naturally, all of this was up my alley as I was starting to feel severely inspired to plan and list make. To give you an idea of how truly adorable the patterns and colors are of this new line, I've attatched a picture:



Now, if you're a Target dollar spot addict and a planner/stationery lover yourself, then you know how frustrating it can be when these highly sought for items don't show up in the bins, and how it really hurts when there's nothing there. Beacuse it's so cheap. And pretty. And fun to play with. 

So I think you know how the story goes. I showed up to my local Target last Tuesday with a little too high of hopes. I searched the dollar spot high and low for any signs of the new line, and walked away with nothing. But I didn't give up. I was itching to fulfill that void of inspiration. I marched bravely over to Target's office supply and school section to find a mini binder with a less appealing pattern, but still cute enough to purchase. I also saw loads of accessories for the mini binder hanging like mini binder paper, sheet protectors, dividers, pockets, and daily planner pages. So I'm like okay, not all is lost here. 

But just as I discovered these new potential buys, my bf shows up (he was with me) and says to come over where he was and look at the clearance section on the end of the aisle. I came over to find two different mini binders with adorable patterns as well as matching monthly and weekly planner pages. Then, I see Blue Sky Planners makes them, and remembered that they assist in producing the Sugar Paper LA planners that came out late last year for 2015. So I think to myself: cute, affordable, and of good quality? Now I know why they say everything happens for a reason. To make it even better, it's a very pretty teal blue color, which is one of my absolute favorites.







Blue Sky Planners Mini Binder Planner - $2.98 (on clearance!)

The beautiful teal blue binder has a cute herringbone print all over. The interior is also of the plain blue teal, and sports a soft material that comprises the binder. It measures 8.5" x 5.5," which are the exact measurements of the mini binder from the dollar spot, as well as an A5 size planner from Kikki.K or Filofax. Now I don't own an A5 size binder from those brands, so unfortunately, I cannot do a comparison. But I will say this is an excellent and affordable way to figure out if an A5 size is right for you if you're thinking of investing in a bigger planner from Kikki.K or Filofax.

The matching insert/refills are also tabbed with months and contain weekly pages as does the Sugar Paper planner. It just so happens that the calendar starts in July 2015 and ends in December 2016, so you're set from now until the end of next year. It also came with a yearly overview of 2015-2016, personal information page, contacts pages, and a few note pages. You'll definitely want to pick up the mini binder paper (pictured below) if you're interested in keeping a lot of notes in this binder. I'll be sure to go more in depth on these planner inserts when I post the setup of and how I'm using this mini binder. At the end of this post, I will list the DCPI numbers of all of these stationery items so you can check Brick Seek (Target Inventory Checker) and see if they are in stock at your local Target store (I will link that at the bottom too).

To go along with my mini binder, as I said before, I picked up the college ruled paper by Up & Up for about $2.00. It comes with 100 sheets and is pretty thick. I also may have forgotten to mention that I did find some patterned paper tape in the dollar section before I checked out.




 After playing around with the binder, I found that I needed the sheet protectors as well for multiple reasons such as holding coupons, receipts, list pad pages, and even things I just like to plan with. Speaking of which, I found plenty of goodies to plan with today when I went to go pick those up. LUCKY ME.




Also, I found the new floral and polka dot line (an additional line they have aside from the geometric one), and went ham. The "Notes" list pad with the floral header is perfect to stick right inside my mini binder. I picked up one of each sticky note, except the "To Do" ones. I knew I'd probably end up making short daily lists with them and I just love how they have check boxes. I might have to pick up another pack of these. These are by far my favorite type of sticky note Target has ever blessed me with. Then, of course, I found a single pack of page flags (I usually only find one at a time with these) and I picked up this small spiral bound journal for notes on the go when I don't want to lug my binder around. Below you'll find the DCPI numbers as promised.


Simply go to the Brickseek Inventory Checker, and type in your zip & DCPI code!
  • Blue Sky Planners Mini Binder: 081-09-1835
  • Blue Sky Planners Planner Insert/Refil: 081-09-1832
  • Mini Binder Filler Paper (College Ruled): 081-05-0834
  • Mini Binder Sheet Protectors (15 Pk): 081-05-0831
  • "Notes" List Pad, "To Do" Sticky Notes, "Floral" Sticky Notes, "Polka Dot" Sticky Notes, and Page Flag: 234-17-0166
  • "Take Notes" Spiral Notebook: 234-17-0168
I also picked up a few beauty items, and finally found a tumbler cup ($3 in the dollar spot)! I plan to use it to infuse iced water with fruit. Like I mentioned in a previous post, I picked up the Hawaiian Tropic Silk Hydration After Sun Lotion. To go along with that, I wanted to try out the Hawaiian Tropic Silk Hydration Face Lotion with SPF 30, and found this awesome little bonus pack with a lip balm containing SPF (this bundle was priced at $7.99 at my store). I'm all set now! Just need some sunscreen. I've seen the Gilette Venus Snap razor for a few years now and have been longing to try it. I love how little and cute it is. I don't think it will be difficult to shave with but I will let y'all know of course. No worries. The Boots Expert Sensitive Cleansing & Toning Wipes were suggested by an employee at Target, so I picked those up to give them a try. The Yes to Cucumber Face Cleanser Towelettes will always be a fave, though.




I hope you enjoyed this collective haul from Target because I had fun sharing my new finds with you. If you have any questions about anything, please feel free to comment below.
Until next time,
~Alexa~

No comments:

Post a Comment