Saturday, February 27, 2016

Happy Planner Prep // March 2016


One of my favorite things about The Happy Planner are the monthly dashboard pages that give you the ammo you need to attack your month's effectively. In my particular planner, each month has 5 prompts, including a section for birthdays, special events, goals, important dates, and things not to forget. Although some things may overlap, I like to use this section to get creative, do a little scrapbooking, and of course, make it colorful and fun to look at as I flip through my planner, all the while letting me be organized and know what's ahead.

You'll notice some sticky flags scattered, and that's because during prior months I will get ideas for future ones, so I just stick ideas down as I get them. Then, once I sit down to assemble it, I will remember what I wanted to put down, and can simply remove the flags.


Next, I will go to my computer and print out images that pertain to each section. I only like to do a few here and there so it's not too busy and I can add stickers. To size pictures to fit in each box, I'll take my ruler and measure how big I think I want it and outline where it would go with a pencil. I didn't show this step, but you get the idea I'm sure. For this month, I printed out a photo of my dad (and brother) for his birthday, two of the Happy Planners I'm in between (they're coming to stores this month !!!) and a little quote, which I like to use in my "Don't Forget" section as a personal reminder.


Since my dad was the only one with a birthday this month, I jazzed up the space with some stickers from a MAMBI Pocket Pages sticker book. Some old Target Dollar Spot alpha stickers gave some color, while a number sticker for the date of my dad's birthday is from a MAMBI Alphabet sticker book. Both MAMBI sticker books I bought from Hobby Lobby. To add some birthday pizzazz, I just took a snippet of confetti washi tape.


I'm stoked for the reveal of my two articles coming out this month, so I wanted to highlight that it is a special event for me, even though I put the same thing in my Feb dashboard. See all of my current publications here. A gold foiled "work it" sticker dresses it up a bit.


Last but not least, I added one of the new pocket cards to the front of my March divider (see top of post). I like how the black and gold pop on the blue and green stripes. I adhered it to the center with a tiny bit of washi tape so I could easily remove it if I wanted to use it somewhere else!



No comments:

Post a Comment