Friday, June 22, 2012

Summer Trend: NEON!!

What makes for a better summer other than a cool glass of lemonade and a day at the beach? Shopping, of course! One of the hottest trends to be looking out for this season I think, are the bright, fun and bold colors that just scream summer. Here are some ways I like to wear some of my neons.


Here I am just wearing a bright neon orange top. It's just a plain scoop neck tee, but I think the bright color adds just enough to make it a cute and fun outfit. The pocket also gives the shirt a relaxed look. I bought this tee a little big to also give also give a more rugged appearance (and because it is mostly cotton, so it may shrink!) I have it tucked in to my shorts in this picture, but it also looks great loose, or have tucked in the front. This tee is perfect for days where you aren't doing much, or don't want to get dressed up and just be comfy. Sometimes, it's a better feeling to just be wearing a light comfy tee in the summertime. I wore this today to go shopping and it was perfect. I'd also like to wear it over my swimsuit to the beach. I think it would be cute to gather the bottom of the shirt to the side and tie it up. Lastly, I just wanted to comment on what kind of bottoms I think would go good with this tee. Here I am pictured wearing dark denim shorts. I think the color of my denim really brings out the neon and the color. You could also wear dark denim jeans for an effortless look. Any other colored bottom could wash out the color, so stick I personally would stick to a dark bottom (however, if you're daring enough, you could even try a solid colored short!). 

These tees are on sale now at Gap (where I got it) and they have tons more colors. I paid $11 but right now they're about $6.60 (40% of $11!). My shorts are just from H&M and they were $12.95.


This picture was taken the same day I bought the orange tee. As you can see, I am also currently LOVING neon shorts! I think a cool way to wear neon shorts is too pair them with a denim shirt, as you can see above. I think this is another way you could wear an effortless look. Now I know it's hot out, so a denim shirt may not seem like the most practical thing to wear during the day, but this particular shirt is not of the denim material. It's composed of a thin material that gives the appearance of denim. It's a distressed blue color that buttons down with two pockets on each side. The white buttons are actually plastic snaps, which I personally think are cuter. I tucked in my shirt, but you could easily leave it out loose, or tuck it in just in the front for a slouchier look. I've seen many of these faux denim shirts in other stores like American Eagle and H&M. I'm sure you could find a reasonably priced one at Forever 21, but mine I got on sale at Gap for $20. They do still have shirts like this at Gap, but they are on the pricier side. I would also wear these shorts with any other solid white tops. I think maybe even a light or dark grey top would look cool with these electric yellow shorts. You really can do a lot with the neons, and I think they are worth investing in and fun to work with. Again, I could wear this to similar events as I could with the above outfit. You could easily wear this outfit to the beach as well, or wear it out dressy at night. These shorts are from Gap as well (it was all tried on in the dressing room obvs lol) and they were 30% off of $39.95 costing me about $28. They are currently on sale for 40% off now, for about $25, but check your favorite stores for other colors and types. They also had an orange (which I decided to go with instead, I'm a sucker for the color) and an ombre effect of aqua blue-green.

I hope you liked my overly long rant, and decide to have fun with the neons! I hope to be doing more outfit and fashion posts on my blog too! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment