Thursday, June 18, 2015

Collective American Eagle Haul

Greetings friends! Today I'll be sharing a collective haul from American Eagle with y'all and hopefully it will give you some inspiration for your next shopping trip. I don't normally do a lot of shopping, but I did have a birthday earlier this month, so I thought, why not follow my favorite motto: treat yo self! I also happen to be going on a cruise next month in mid-July, and was keeping my eyes out for pieces I thought would be good for my vacation. Now, let's get into it!

Dresses and rompers are my all time favorite pieces to buy because they're the best "bang for your buck" in my opinion. Rompers especially are super comfortable, and seem to complement my body type well (I am pretty tall, so I have to be careful about how low things fall on my thighs). You get an entire outfit in one which works really well for my lazy girl fashion style. I picked up two rompers and one dress:






The first romper I picked up is called the Boho Printed Romper, which is actually on sale now! I love the colors and the print, and have nothing like it in my wardrobe. I often have to justify my purchases when I go shopping because if I'm going to spend a lot of money on something, I want it to be a unique piece to my closet and something I get a lot of use out of. It really helps me avoid impulse buying! I actually wore this over my bathing suit to the beach, and it looked and felt great. I will say, however, that it clings to the top of you waist, which can sometimes seem unflattering for people like me with a rather short torso. If you're interested, you may want to hurry to ae.com for it is going fast!

The next romper I picked up I particularly bought for my birthday. I loved the colorful floral & paisley pattern over the white base. The material is also of good quality, making it easily wearable for a nighttime look, which is when I wore mine. What is also unique about this piece is the sparkle and glittering look it has in the light due to some of the detailing and stitching. The three little buttons on the middle of the chest is also a nice touch. If I had to say which I like better, I'd choose this one because it is looser and baggier, making it a tad more comfortable and flattering than my other one. It's called the Floral Button Romper. If you're interested in this piece, you may want to wait until you have a coupon of some sort, seeing as it is on the pricier side at $45.

Surprisingly, I only picked up one dress, and that was because I scored a great deal on it. It went from $45 to $40 on clearance, and once you added it to your cart, it was 50% off making it $20. I also happened to have my birthday coupon of 15% off, so it ended up being around $17. I snatched it and I couldn't be more pleased. Check out my OOTN post to see what it looks like on. 




Next are two tops that I recently acquired. This first one is a cute and incredibly soft Boho Printed Muscle Tee. I like to browse the sale racks in the back of the store before I purchase anything, because you never know what you will find, and I've scored big time. I had my eye on this tee actually when it first came out but in red, so when I happened to stumble upon it in blue, I couldn't pass it up for $7.50. Sometimes, things are more clearanced in the stores too, so if you're thinking of getting something online, check in store first. The other gorgeous beaded top to the right was actually a gift from my bf for my birthday. It's super flowy and is almost a lineny material. The super thin straps make it dainty and feminine. Basically, it's me in a shirt. It's called the Beaded Floaty Cami for reference. If the blush pink color gets marked down, I might just have to pick that up too! 


 Lastly, we'll take a look at the two swimsuits I picked up from Aerie, which is an extension of American Eagle carrying lingerie, swim (obvs), sleepwear, gym clothes, and other lounge & beachwear. I must say, it's quickly becoming my favorite store because they have such classic & comfy pieces, which are always right up my alley. Aside from it being summertime and just wanting some more swimwear, I've been on a mission to find something that will look flattering on my body type and conservative while still looking cute & flirty. Since I will be with not only my parents and brother, but also my grandpa & his wife as well as my aunt & cousins on the cruise next month, these two met all of my needs. The one piece is SO bright & colorful in person, and super flattering. I actually can't remember the last time I bought this style. Aside from the adorable pattern, I love the cutout right beneath the chest and the little bow where the bra cups meet. Speaking of bra cups, both suits are padded, which is wonderful for both flat chested and bustier girls. The other suit also has a bright floral pattern and is actually high waisted-- my first ever! I wore it on my birthday and it was great for swimming in the ocean. The top is like a sports bra style, and hooks in the back. I like hooks because they make me feel more secure...especially up there in the chest area. Overall, these two will be my perfect companions for the water slides on the ship, swimming in the ocean at ports, tanning on the decks, and more importantly, the water park at the bahamas. I know I will get a lot of use out of them this summer. Unfortunately, they're not avaliable in these styles anymore, but check out Aerie swim anyways for other cute suits. All of their swim is on sale right now. This Lobster Bandeau Bikini is so calling my name, but I don't know if I can justify another purchase right now.


Are you an American Eagle or Aerie kinda girl? What were your favorite pieces? 
Until next time,
~Alexa~

No comments:

Post a Comment