Sunday, August 16, 2015

Outfits of the Week: Mid August

Hello, all! In honor of the back to school season, I thought I'd share my outfits of this past week to give you all a little inspiration for the new year. These outfits are extremely casual but definitely school appropriate. Even if you're down in those last-week-of-summer blues, these few ideas of how to stay cute but comfortable throughout the rest of your days might just cheer you up. I have included a small description with each outfit, so you know how I'd dress under each circumstance. Also, you may notice I skipped Friday - I stayed indoors all day and didn't wear anything special, so that is why it's absent!

MONDAY
On this rainy day, my dad and I drove to pick my mom up from the airport and went for a nice dinner after to hear about her trip.
 AE Floral Button Down Dress (Similar) | AE Factory Dark Denim Jacket (Similar)

TUESDAY
I went for a similar look for a movie date with my boyfriend. The jean jacket was great because it gets rather chilly in the theater.
This dress is super soft and long, so it kept me warmer than most of my dresses and I still got to wear one. The dress is from Nordstrom Rack and it's actually my friend's that I borrowed many years ago. I really should give it back to her! The brand is lush. The jacket, purse, and shoes are the same (see above).

WEDNESDAY
I went for a casual dinner with my dad to Outback, so I threw on a tie front top and some distressed crop jeans. I also paired it with a long necklace, as well as my usual starfish necklace from Little Switzerland. I love the layered look of necklaces!
 AE Chiffon Tie Front Top | AE Destroyed Crop Jeans (Similar)
AE Star Necklace (Similar)

THURSDAY
Another rainy evening - this one spent hanging out at my bf's house.
Vans Tucson Crossbody Bag (Similar)

SATURDAY
If you saw my Saturday Night Adventures post, you'll know I wore this to dinner and dessert that night. Super casual, comfortable, and perfect for these stormy summer days lately.
  Billabong Day Dreamy Tank Top in Lavender | AE Jegging Crops in Indigo Nightfall

SUNDAY
My mom and I went to the mall to pick my brother up some back to school essentials while it was still tax-free week. I threw on something comfortable yet cute since I knew I'd be gone for a few hours.

After seeing what I wear during the week, surely you'll notice some trends, because I definitely do. Perhaps I have some wardrobe changing up to do!
Until next time,
~Alexa~

No comments:

Post a Comment