Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Plan With Me: Day Designer for Blue Sky Daily Planner

Wow. Long time no talk fellow Internet lovers. Life's been a bit chaotic these past few weeks (it's been 2 I think since I last posted?) but I haven't forgotten about the Alexa Please Blog even if I may have unintentionally neglected it. 

Due to the excess popularity of my post on the first look of the Day Designer for Blue Sky Daily Planner from Target, I thought I'd reinvigorate this blog with something I know people might like to see. So today, we're going to take a look at the process of how I use this planner to map out my day, as well as decorate it!

 
The first thing I like to do is decorate my daily page, so when I go to fill out the information or look at it to see my schedule and to dos, I will see a pretty page instead of a blank canvas (which can be stressful in itself if you get overwhelmed with wanting to fill out every nook and cranny!). Please note that I only decorate a daily page if I KNOW I have a busy day that day, otherwise it's kind of pointless to waist my stationery on something that is timely. But enough of that jibber jabber- here are the essentials I need to decorate tomorrow's page:


Target Dollar Spot Paper Tape, Geometric design (no longer available)

Using the paper tape, I will measure out a strip to fill in that blank white space for some immediate pizzaz. 


 
Next, I'll start planning. Yup, there's not much to do with a daily page that's main purpose is functionality. You can however, go around the almost too functional idea of the daily page by using page flags. Since tomorrow's biggest event is my cousin's birthday, she got her own spot up in my "Today's Top 3" section, seeing as I couldn't think of any particular priorities to fulfill that day. I like to use this blue sharpie pen to write on page flags because it's easier to see, highlighting urgency.




Then, I'll turn my attention toward the schedule section of the page, and fill that out. I decided to use my pink Frixion pen because it's my cousin's favorite color (and it's her birthday!). 


 
Since the schedule section only goes to 8pm, anything later I want to do/remember goes in the "Tonight" section. The most important thing in my book after 8pm is of course, Big Brother! Tomorrow's episode is going to really be the turning point of the season- the last double eviction which will leave the final 6 players in the house. The most important people to me are Vanessa and John, and I guess I wouldn't mind seeing Steve still there because I know he's loyal to my 2 favs.

 
After that, it's the to dos. The first thing I'll think about is- what did I not get done yesterday that I should do today? Then I'll proceed to fill those to dos out. I'll also jot down things I like to make sure I do daily, like take care of my family's laundry (it's one of my many chores). I will also list some job search engines at the bottom to make sure I'm checking if any new jobs have opened up that I can apply for. It's important that I'm proactive if I want the chance for an interview.


The gratituity section stays blank because I like to fill that out right as the day ends. The nice thing about a spiral bound daily planner is that all of your gratitudes add up- at the end of the year or even month, you can look back at the memories you've had.


I hope you've enjoyed taking a peek inside my Day Designer for Blue Sky planner! I believe you can still pick this up from Target, but don't quote me on it. Should you not be able to, keep an eye out for the Sugar Paper LA planners for 2016. I can only IMAGINE what those will look like. YIKES!
Until next time,
~Alexa~

 

No comments:

Post a Comment