Monday, September 14, 2015

Small Shopping Haul: Nordstrom, AE, Ban.do, and More!

If you read my last post, then you know I'm leaving for Universal Orlando this coming weekend for my brother's 17th birthday. I wanted to pick up some last minute things for the trip, so I thought I'd share them real quick because they are some pretty adorable (and practical) finds.


The first thing I picked up is this Street Level Reversible Tote Bag from Nordstrom. I had a gift card from my birthday burning a hole in my pocket, so when I was at the mall I decided to check Nordies out. Department stores are obviously pricey, and I wanted my gift card to go pretty far so I went to the Junior's section upstairs because they have some good deals I can sometimes score.






They had tons of these tote bags in various colors, but I was immediately drawn to the Cognac/Aqua color. I had been seriously considering the Madewell Transport Tote in English Saddle for weeks prior, but could never justify spending the money, especially because I wanted my initials embossed on the bag. My mom knew of my dilemma, and basically enabled me to get this one because it was much more affordable. I knew I could always return it, but I absolutely fell in love! I'll be doing a post reviewing this bag in the near future letting you know my thoughts once I've taken the bag out multiple times. For now, I plan on using it as a carry all type tote for when we leave for the trip this weekend. 

Oddly enough, right across from the tote bags is a whole slew of hidden stationery goodness. I spotted a small collection of Ban.do goodies, and saw the 'Looking Good - Selfie' Makeup Bag which contains an adorable print of cartoon people taking selfies. I'm not a huge fan of the whole selfies craze, but I thought this was too funny to pass up. Initially, I saw it as an ideal bag to store my planning and stationery essentials in on the go, but I'll be testing it out as its intended purpose in the near future.





Before all that happened, American Eagle had this unbeatable promotion: 25% off your purchase when you buy something through the mobile app. Of course, I jumped at the chance to snatch that Button Down Denim Skirt I've had my eye on for weeks (see my AE Fall Fashion Preview post for more on that). It's just such a nice alternative to my usual jean shorts. What can I say?




Lastly, I had been in the market for a nice after shower lotion for awhile now, and hate to use up all of the Philosophy body butters I received for Christmas last year (I'm trying to conserve them so I can use them during the holiday season when it's more festive and appropriate in my book). But dry legs call for desperate measures, so I was excited to see EOS come out with my favorite Berry Blossom hand lotion in a full size product! I did pick up the smaller size just to try it out, because in case something happens, I didn't waste my money on the big boy. You just never know when you have sensitive skin. It's also a cap closure, so it will travel nice in my suitcase.




I realize I've been hauling a lot lately, but that will all be over after one more post. Perhaps, on the other hand, my hauls are doing you justice, and you happen to have similar if not the same taste as me! That would be splendid. Hah! My writing voice feels a little British right now (I just finished watching The Theory of Everything - great movie by the way!).
Until next time, 
~Alexa~

No comments:

Post a Comment