Sunday, September 13, 2015

What's in My Bag? Theme Park Edition



Since I was a little girl growing up in Florida, the Orlando area has been my second home. My family loves going to amusement/theme parks, and with Disney World and Universal Orlando only a few hours drive away, we take small vacations here and there to get out of town every once in a while. 

This coming weekend, I will be heading up to Universal Orlando for my brother's 17th birthday, so I thought I'd share how I prepare for these types of vacations for you all in a few posts leading up to my trip. 

When I go to Orlando, it's usually only for a couple of days or the weekend, so I like to pack light with a small suitcase. I plan on taking two purses this trip- my carry all tote, as well as a small crossbody purse to use during the day and at night. The small crossbody type purse I've decided to take this trip is my new Ban.do Flip Side Clutch. See my recent Ban.do Unboxing and Haul for more details on this bag if you are interested.


Now, you're probably wondering: why would you want to bring a bag to a theme park? I agree that there are a couple of reasons why you would want to carry the least amount of things as possible, but in my case, there are some things I will need to have with me for various reasons. So, let's go ahead and jump in to what I keep in my bag: theme park edition.

First of all, this bag is super slim and compact. It's very lightweight, and that's not because I'm carrying only a few things in it. The blue side is made of a patent material (it's very shiny and smooth) and the metallic gold side is made of a leatherette. So, even thought it will be super hot outside, I will hardly recognize my bag weighing me down because it really won't be. It will also fit into the small lockers outside of the rides, so I dont have to worry about where my bag will go when I'm not with it.


Also, the easy zip access will allow me to grab whatever I may need while walking around. I like to keep a B&BW Pocketbac hand sanitizer, small lip product, EOS lip balm and hand cream, as well as my cell phone inside. That's really it!


 So, what about your money and important cards you may ask? Well, I like to take this Universal lanyard that has a small wallet with an ID slot at the end of it to carry that sort of thing. It holds my annual pass, money, photo ID, as well as my express pass (to skip the regular lines) and my room key. You can get these at virtually any gift shop on the property. My sunglasses and croakies will likely be around my head/neck for most of the day, but when I do go on rides I plan to store them in my bag right before I put it in a locker.


There you have it! The slim crossbody bag mirrors the minimal contents of my bag for a hassle free and fun day at the parks! If you are considering taking a small bag for your next trip to a theme park, consider these tips and you're bound to be gold!
Until next time,
~Alexa~

No comments:

Post a Comment