Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Summer Cruise 2015: What's In My Toiletries Bag?


So, the other day I posted about what's in my travel makeup bag, where I showed you all of the products I'm bringing and how I'll be using them. Today, were going to see what's in my toiletries bag, which you'll see I had to divide into two bags - one for liquids, and the other for everything else.




First, we'll dive into the liquids bag. The bag I'm using is from Victoria's Secret Pink. It's nice and roomy, so I'm able to stuff a lot in. I really tried to take mostly small and travel sized products because I knew I'd need to take a lot of products for a week long vacation. I also like that this bag is clear, letting me see all of the products so I'm not digging around in a black hole everytime I go to use something.

 
You might notice that all of my liquids and creams are mostly in plastic ziploc baggies. This is to prevent the potential leakage of one product to another, and to not ruin my bag. I had a bad experience with a big thing of toothpaste, and that's all I will say about that.


The first group of products are some of my favorites. I had actually purchased a Philosophy gift set on sale after Christmas last year, and have been saving my favorite scent (Pink Almond Candy) for something special. I think this is the perfect time to use these products since I will be happily on vacation. The set came with a body polishing scrub (left), a 3 in 1 shampoo, shower gel, and bubble bath (right), as well as a body butter, which is super moisturizing. I'm also taking my Philosophy hand cream in Fresh Cream, which is a delicious vanilla ice cream scent. This will be nice to use before bed if my hands are dry.


Next, we have some of my face and shower products. My Olay Fresh Effects cleanser is in the pink capped bottle, and to go along with that, my Olay Fresh Effects Spot Zinger to get rid of unwanted acne, as well as the Mattifier and Pore Reducer, which works as both a moisturizer and face primer all in one. The other two blue travel bottles just hold my shampoo and conditioner respectively.


 
The last of my liquids consists of a baggy of eye makeup remover, cotton pads and swabs, a travel size toothpaste tube, my favorite Bumble and Bumble Surf Infusion sea salt spray, and Urban Decay All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray so my makeup stays in place all night long!

 
Now, we can get into all of my other toiletries which are mostly non-liquids. I did have to put a few things in here that just would not in the other bag. By the way, this one is also by Victoria's Secret Pink, and I actually got it for free at a function my University had.

 
I have my two Hawaiian Tropic products - the Silk Hydration After Sun Lotion and the Silk Hydration Face Lotion. I have a travel sized after sun lotion but it will be staying in my daily purse. Also, the face lotion is initially coming in my carry on, but I figure I'd show it anyways. My wet brush is great for combing knots out of my tangly hair after the shower, and then I just have some deodorant and makeup wipes from Boots No 7.


The last couple of things are pretty boring but super essential for me. You'll see a brand new toothbrush, a Sephora mirror for getting up close and personal while doing makeup, a Marc Jacobs Honey rollerball perfume, Pink Almond Candy lip balm which I will put on before bed every night, a travel razor in its case, and a bright blue loofa! This might also need its own plastic baggy.


So there you have it - my travel toiletries bag! I hope you enjoyed seeing what I'll be bringing with me. Let's hope I'm not forgetting anything!
Until next time,
~Alexa~

No comments:

Post a Comment