Saturday, July 4, 2015

A Day in My Life: July 4th



Happy happy Fourth of July my fellow Americans. Today, we celebrate the signing of the Declaration of Independence which granted us independence as a separate entity from Great Britian. As you go about your day, remember to think of our Founding Fathers and be proud of how far we've come in 239 years. Wow. 

In honor of this special holiday, I thought I'd share how I spent the day with my family. Holidays are usually busy days for us because we try to spend time together and do something fun and memorable.

Of course, no proper Day in My Life post starts without an OOTD. Here is what I put together using my Fourth Of July Outfit Ideas post as inspiration! The white star necklace I wear everyday actually completed the outfit perfectly. 



I started out my day relatively early and ran errands with my dad. We got Starbucks coffees first and I got a cinnamon raisin bagel from Einsteins. I just wanted a little something to eat because I knew I'd be eating a lot tonight!



After grabbing a bite to eat, we went to my dad's office so he could take care of some things, and then headed to the mall. My mom and I were at the mall yesterday trying to find her some bathing suits and clothes for the upcoming cruise. She found some cute stuff and put it on hold at Macy's. They had a bit of a sale so we got some good discounts on her clothes using my dad's Macy's card.

Then, my dad and I headed for DSW and Target. My dad exchanged a pair of sneakers for some slip-on Sperry Topsiders I found him. He loves them so much so I'm glad I could help him out. My dad also had to return a shirt at Target, so I thought - why not check to see if they have the Day Designer Planners for Target out early. To my dismay, they were not out on the shelves yet. I wanted to review it first hand for anyone interested, but it looks like I'll have to wait. Stay tuned for a review when I find one, though - coming to a blog near you. ;)

Once I got home, I just relaxed until my bf got off work. He picked me up and we just went to a plaza and walked around. We went into Best Buy to look at waterproof digital cameras for my trip since I'm thinking of getting one.

After hanging for a bit, I had to quickly change for dinner, so I threw on my favorite chambray dress and a white stone pendant necklace. Layering necklaces is my go-to for accessorizing. I also grabbed my navy cardigan with the big red buttons on it for some extra flair. I knew it would be chilly in the restaurant, so it worked out to be the perfect outfit combination. Also drawing inspiration from my previous post, here is my OOTN:



American Apparel Cardigan // American Eagle Chambray Dress
American Eagle Stone Pendant Necklace // Sperry Topsider 'Seacoast' Boat Shoes in Navy
Longchamp 'Small Le Pliage' Tote in Beige

Although I don't want to name the chinese restaurant because it is unique to my location, I did take some mouthwatering photos. I can now cross something off of my Summer Bucket List! I also took some photos of the fireworks that went off during dinner - we had no idea there would be a show and everything.

 Crunchy noodles and hot tea to start!


Then, the fireworks show commenced!



Egg rolls and duck sauce (sweet pineapple) for our appetizer


An unfortunate blurry photo of sweet and sour chicken


 Pepper Steak


My feast! 

 We order a ton of food on purpose - that means leftovers on Sunday!




On the way home from dinner, we stopped by Krispy Kreme and picked up some delicious doughnuts. These are seriously heaven to me.


I had a great time partying like it was 1776 with my family today (corny, I know!)
How did you spend your holiday?
Until next time,
~Alexa~

No comments:

Post a Comment